Citrix have released this awesome whitepaper writen by Citrites People ->
- Thomas Berger
- Andy Baker – Architect
- Saul Romero – Senior Software Eng
- Roger LaMarca – Senior Consultant
- Matthew Brooks – Architect
- Ankur Shah – Prn Product Manager
- David Coleman – Director
- Daniel Feller – Lead Architect
Kudos from me to you all guys for this.
Citrix StoreFront, which is the successor to Citrix Web Interface, authenticates users to XenDesktop sites, XenApp farms, and AppController (SaaS Apps), enumerating and aggregating available desktops and applications into stores that users access through Citrix Receiver for Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Win8/RT or Receiver for Web sites. It has been built on a modern, more flexible and powerful framework which enables Storefront to provide next generation features, such as:
- Unified StoreFront that delivers SaaS & Native Mobile applications (through AppController) as well as XenApp and XenDesktop resources
- Simplified Account Provisioning, which enables users to connect to assigned desktops and applications by simply entering their email or server address, or by opening a Provisioning File in Receiver.
- Access from any Receiver with a consistent user experience, including automatic fallback to an HTML 5 client if a native client isn’t available locally and can’t be installed
- Synchronization of resource subscriptions across all platforms and devices (Follow-me Apps & Data)
This planning guide provides details about the StoreFront architecture and key design decisions.