About Citrix XenConvert
Citrix XenConvert is a physical-to-virtual (P2V) conversion tool for converting a Windows operating system, applications, and data from a physical machine to a XenServer virtual machine, Provisioning Services vDisk, virtual appliance in the Open Virtualization Format (OVF), or disk image in the Virtual Hard Disk format.
XenConvert 2.4. adds the following improvements :
- XenServer 6.0 support
- Provisioning Services 6.0 support
- Select target storage repositories during conversion
- Copy files in use during Windows Server 2003 conversions
XenConvert 2.4.1 fixes the following issues :
- XenConvert does not duplicate the compression state of a directory
- XenConvert does not restore the original owner of select system files owned by a system service with privileges greater than the local administrator
- XenConvert allows the choice of invalid storage repositories when converting to XenServer
- XenConvert virtual-to-virtual (V2V) functionality is now included in XenCenter and complements the new virtual appliance and disk image import feature in XenServer 6.0.Use XenCenter 6.0 to import virtual appliances and disks created by XenConvert.