Finally its now supported to build a Citrix Provisioning Server 5.6.x or 6.0 on a VMware vSphere 5 solution.
Provisioning Server 5.6 and 6.0 Target Devices hosted on VMware vSphere 5.0 becomes unresponsive after Windows operating system restart (at a black screen with PXE)
- Or -
“hang” after “Found “!PXE” @ xxxx:yyyy” (with BDM).
Provisioning Server 5.6.x and 6.0 are now supported with vSphere 5 with an updated Bootstrap configuration change.
The workaround for this issue is to select Interrupt safe mode in the Bootstrap.
This needs to be performed in one of two places:
If you are providing the Bootstrap through the Provisioning Server:
In the Provisioning Server Console, right click on Configure Bootstrap, click on Options, and select Interrupt safe mode, as shown in the following screen shot:
If you are using the BDM boot ISO to provide the bootstrap to your Target Devices, perform the following:
- Click on Start > Citrix > Boot Device Manager, as displayed in the following screen shot.
- In the Specify Login Server screen, enter the necessary information for your environment, click Next.
- On the Set Options screen, select Interrupt Safe Mode and click Next, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- On the Burn the Boot Device screen, enter any relevant details for your configuration, select: Citrix ISO Image Recorder from Boot Deviceand select Burn, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Save the Boot ISO and/or move it to the VMware data store that your Target Devices have access to, and configure your Virtual Machines to start from the new Boot ISO you just created.
Trackback from your site.