CloudGateway enables the delivery of web, SaaS, Android- and iOS-based applications, and ShareFile data, along with Windows-based applications from XenApp and virtual desktops from XenDesktop. You manage web, SaaS, Android- and iOS-based application configuration and policy settings by using AppController, with the following capabilities:
- Centralized user account creation and management for web and SaaS applications, and ShareFile access that provides users with a seamless single sign-on (SSO) experience.
- The use of Active Directory as the identity repository. Active Directory is then used as the basis for authorizing users to external applications and services.
- A unified enterprise app store to enable the publishing and distribution of Android- and iOS-based applications for authorized users to download and install on mobile devices.
- Centralized policy controls to secure the applications and data, with easy removal of user accounts, erase and lock of Citrix-delivered applications and data, and consolidated auditing and reporting of application access.
You can configure applications and ShareFile access by using the AppController web-based management console. Within the management console, you can configure the following:
- Roles that include Active Directory groups
- Applications for SSO only
- Applications for SSO, user account management, and the creation of new user accounts
- Applications for Android and iOS devices, including @WorkMail™ and @WorkWeb™ applications
- Approval workflows for creating user accounts
- Categories to organize applications in Citrix Receiver
- HTTP Federated Formfill connectors
- SAML 1.1 or 2.0 connectors that support the identity provider (IdP) flow
- Role-based management and delivery of mobile applications
- Role-based ShareFile document management with support for Storage Zones
- Device inventory that lists user devices that connect to AppController
This section introduces AppController 2.5, announces what’s new in this release, discusses compatibility between AppController and Citrix Receiver, and lists known issues for CloudGateway Enterprise.
The most typical deployment configuration for AppController is to locate AppController in the secure network. Users can connect to AppController to access applications, as well as ShareFile data and documents.
The key features of AppController are:
- Access to web and SaaS applications that includes:
- Federated support for SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0 applications
- Password storage and formfill support for password-based web applications
- User account management from Active Directory group membership for SaaS applications
- User account management workflows that allow users to request application accounts and for individuals in your organization to approve the requests
- Access to Android and iOS mobile applications that includes:
- The ability to publish Android and iOS applications that users can download and install on their mobile devices from Citrix Receiver, including @WorkMail™ and @WorkWeb™
- Security controls for Android and iOS applications to ensure application and data security
- Management of mobile applications on user devices through Receiver which enables you to control the mobile applications without managing the mobile device
- Access to ShareFile that includes:
- Creation and deletion of user accounts within ShareFile by using Active Directory rules
- Seamless data access for authorized users from Receiver
- Choice of storage location per folder: ShareFile-managed cloud storage or an on-premises Storage Zone, enabling you to optimize performance and address data sovereignty and compliance requirements
- Centralized device listing for users that allows you to erase application and ShareFile data on lost or stolen devices
- Device inventory that includes:
- The ability to view all devices that have connected to AppController
- The ability to erase and stop erasing data on the user device
- The ability to lock and unlock the user device
- The ability to remove devices from the list
AppController 2.5 supports the following new features: