VMware have released a new version of VMware Horizon 7.7
I am very excited about this new release because now VMware is finally supporting physically workstations, so customers example can implement VMware Horizon on HPE Edgeline Engineering workstation I wrote about some weeks ago. I have been testing the new VMware Horizon client with m710x Intel Iris Pro graphics and AMD WX4100 and it is working out of the box, which is great.
There is also made some huge improvements on the VMware Horizon client for Chrome, Linux, Windows, UWP, Mac, HMTL5. I highly recommend you read my big overview so you can read why you should upgrade to latest release.
What is new in VMware Horizon 7.7
Compatibility Updates and New OS Support
- Windows Server 2019 is supported for desktop and RDSH server VMs.
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U1 and VMware vSAN 6.7 Update 1 are supported.
- Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS (SDDC Version 1.5) is supported and includes new features.
- Upgrades can now be performed on the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance. This appliance is used for integrating the Horizon Cloud Service with Horizon 7 on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS deployments.
- VMware Virtualization Pack for Skype for Business can now be used in an IPv6 environment.
- Horizon Clients include support for recent OS releases, including macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and Android 9.1