HPE Edgeline Engineering Workstation – Overview
Back in 2016 I wrote about the next generation workstation, and things have evolved and at HPE Discover in Madrid, 28th November 2018, HPE announced HPE Edgeline Engineering Workstation with AMD and Citrix Cloud. The new offerings have new enhanced GPU capability with the HPE m710x and providing a dedicated GPU from AMD more specific the AMD Radeon Pro WX4100. The solution requires no hypervisors and lowers complexity while enabling the mobility of users and enhancing user experience. This solution is designed to meet the requirements of power users such as designers, architects and visualizers that require high performance with reduced physical footprint, and targeted towards 4-100 users.
Benefits of replacing physically engineering workstations with HPE engineering workstations.
- Move physically workstation to a central location and unchain engineers from their desk
- Centralizing compute
- Benefit from central datacenter performance accessing the CAD/BIM files
- IT Security and IP Protection
- Providing mobility to work from any device such as tablet
- Providing engineers/designers a great experience thanks to dedicated compute and graphics resources
- Save up to 20% in operational cost