Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop 7 1903 released
Citrix have released a new version of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903 which is now available for download.
Citrix Virtual Apps (former name: XenApp) Citrix Virtual Desktop (former name: XenDesktop)
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 & Windows 10 1809 is supported with this release.
Another great thing is that now “infrastructure components for Citrix” can be installed on Microsoft Windows ServerCore, which means a minimum OS and only install what is required, no GUI just raw performance, something which a lot of service providers, customers are going to like. This is important for scalability and automation and having best TCO running a Citrix infrastructure. Citrix director & delivery controller now works and is supported on ServerCore (WS2012r2/WS2016/WS2019).
Citrix raises the bar of for user experience and new product release of following technologies:
- Director 1903
- Virtual Delivery Agents 1903 for ServerOS and ClientOS
- Virtual Delivery Agents 1903 for Desktop OS Core Services
- Virtual Delivery Agent 1903 for Linux
- Provisioning 1903
- Storefront 1903
- Session Recording 1903
- App Layering 1903
- Workspace App 1903 for Windows
- Workspace App 1903 for Mac
- Workspace App 1903 for Linux
- Workspace App 1903 for Chrome
- Workspace App 1903.1 for Android
- Workspace App 1903 for iOS
- Workspace App 1903 for Windows Store