Citrix XenApp Essentials is the fastest and easiest way to securely deliver Windows apps from Microsoft Azure to any device. This unique application virtualization service combines industry-leading XenApp technology with the power and flexibility of Microsoft Azure to provide a simple, prescriptive, and easy-to-consume app delivery solution. Citrix and Microsoft deliver an integrated experience that simplifies onboarding for XenApp Essentials and Azure IaaS, providing a single interface to design, deploy and deliver virtualized Windows apps from Azure.
Its time to plan updating your NVIDIA TESLA M6, M10, M60, P4, P6, P40, P100, V100, T4, RTX6000, RTX8000 with NVIDIA vGPU software 9.0
NVIDIA have released new drivers for NVIDIA vGPU 9.0 for June 2019 This new-feature branch is supported until June 2020.
I have in this article also included which Public Cloud instance is available with NVIDIA GPUs and which license is BYO or provided by the public cloud provider such as Alibaba, Azure, AWS, GCP. One of the news is that Alibaba is supporting vGPU in their offerings which is pretty awesome.
For a list of validated server platforms, refer to NVIDIA vGPU Certified Servers.
- Citrix XenServer 7.0, 7.1 is not supported with NVIDIA Tesla T4
- NVIDIA vGPU 9.0 is supported with VMware Horizon 7.9 7.8, 7.7, 7.6, 7.5, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0, 6.2
- NVIDIA vGPU 9.0 is only supported with Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7.15, 7.18, 7 1903, 7 1906 in HDX 3D Pro mode
- If you are a customer using XenServer 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 its no longer supported with NVIDIA vGPU 9.0 and should plan upgrading to XenServer 7.6 or Citrix Hypervisor 8.0
This release includes the following software:
- NVIDIA vGPU Manager version 430.27 for the Citrix Hypervisor, VMware vSphere, RHEL KVM, Nutanix AHV
- NVIDIA Windows driver version 431.02
- NVIDIA Linux driver version 430.30
New in this Release:
New Features in Release 9.0
- NVIDIA vComputeServer vGPUs for artificial intelligence, deep learning, and high-performance computing workloads
- Error correcting code (ECC) memory support
- Page retirement support
- Peer-to-peer CUDA transfers over NVLinksupport
- Configurable times slices for equal share schedulers and fixed share schedulers
- New configuration parameter to specify host ID of a licensed client
Hardware and Software Support Introduced in Release 9.0
- Support for Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) as a guest OS
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS as a guest OS on Citrix Hypervisor 7.1 cumulative update 2
- Support for the Tesla T4 GPU on Nutanix AHV
- Support for VMware Horizon 7.9