Citrix CloudGateway 2
Citrix have released Citrix CloudGateway 2 to web.
What is Citrix CloudGateway 2
Citrix CloudGateway is the industry’s first unified service broker that aggregates, controls, and securely delivers Windows, Web and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, iOS applications, integrated ShareFile-based data and virtual desktops to any device, anywhere. CloudGateway gives users an intuitive single point of access and self-service to all of their business applications on any device anywhere. It also provides IT with a comprehensive single point of aggregation and control for all applications and users. CloudGateway is available in the following two editions:
- CloudGateway Enterprise is a software solution that enables you to aggregate, control, and deliver Web, mobile, SaaS apps, and ShareFile documents to any user on any device. CloudGateway Enterprise empowers users with a single point of access and self-service for the apps from any device. It also provides you with contextual controls and automated provisioning of user accounts for supported applications. CloudGateway Enterprise includes AppController, to which users can connect with self-service to access their applications and documents.
- CloudGateway Express enables you to use your existing Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop deployment to deliver Windows applications and virtual desktops to any device through a unified storefront with self-service. You can also seamlessly upgrade to CloudGateway Enterprise, extending the unified applications store beyond Windows applications and virtual desktops to Web, SaaS, mobile applications, and ShareFile.
StoreFront is a component of CloudGateway Express and CloudGateway Enterprise. StoreFront provides authentication and resource delivery infrastructure for Citrix Receiver, enabling you to create centralized enterprise stores to deliver desktops, applications, and other services to users on any device, anywhere.
StoreFront authenticates users to XenDesktop sites and XenApp farms, or to AppController, enumerating and aggregating available desktops and applications into stores that users access through Receiver or a Web page. The StoreFront database records details of subscriptions and resource shortcuts to enable synchronization of users’ desktops and applications across their devices.
The App Preparation Tool is a software application that you can install on Mac OS X Version 10.7 devices. The tool uses the Apple code signing libraries to convert unsigned .ipa files, into signed Citrix Mobile Application (.cma) files. In the process of this conversion, Citrix embeds a policy framework and default set of policies that allow you to configure, securely distribute, and manage each prepared application by using CloudGateway Enterprise.
Citrix CloudGateway 2 Enterprise
AppController 2.0 supports the following new features:
- Mobile app management. You can internally develop or purchase iOS apps and then upload the apps to CloudGateway. Developers can wrap the iOS app by using the App Preparation Tool with logic that AppController and Citrix Receiver recognizes. Within AppController, you can set rules for how users can use the apps. You can manage mobile apps in the same way you manage Windows, Web, and SaaS applications. You can then publish the application in a store in StoreFront. When users log on with Receiver, they download the apps to their device, allowing them to access their apps at any time.
- ShareFile integration. You can configure ShareFile in AppController to provide role-based management of user data and documents on any device: computer, smartphone, and tablet. Within AppController, through the capability of Data Controller, you can also enable users to view, edit, synchronize, and share files from any mobile device with secure document-level control. Likewise, when you add or remove an employee from Active Directory, AppController creates or removes the ShareFile account automatically. When users have their ShareFile account, they can access all of their data and documents on any device by logging on to Receiver. If users lose their device or leave the organization, you can remotely wipe all of the data in Receiver.
- App and document access. You can give users access to apps and documents by deploying AppController in one of the two following ways:
- Configure AppController to provide access to apps and documents directly. In this deployment, Receiver users access Web, SaaS, and mobile apps, along with documents from ShareFile, through a new built-in store in AppController. Users can connect to the store in AppController without going through StoreFront. When users log on with Receiver, AppController resources appear in Receiver.
- Configure AppController to provide access to apps and documents through StoreFront. In this deployment, Receiver users access the Web, SaaS, and mobile apps you configured in AppController, along with published applications from XenApp and virtual desktops provided by XenDesktop.
- Web links. You can configure Web links to allow access to commonly used Web sites, on the Internet and within your intranet. When you configure Web links, the links appear in Receiver in the same way as applications and XenDesktop.
- Receiver updates. You can choose to update Receiver from AppController, My Citrix, or Merchandising Server.
- Certificates. You can import, export, and create Certificate Signing Requests by using the System settings panel in AppController. You can also download a SAML certificate to use with applications that require an AppController SAML certificate, such as Google Apps.
- Release management. You can upgrade the AppController software, install minor releases, and install application connector updates by using the System settingspanel in AppController.
- Group membership. You can view members of a group from the Edit Role dialog box. You select a group, and click Details to view the members of the group.
- Logging. You can store logs on a syslog server or on a server in your internal network from the System settings panel in AppController.
- System settings. From one convenient panel, you can configure the AppController network settings and Active Directory. In addition, you can manage Receiver updates on Windows-based and Mac computers, as well as workflow email, and logging settings.
App Preparation Tool for Mobile Apps
Mobile app management allows you to securely manage and deliver mobile apps to users. In this release, only iOS apps are supported. With the Citrix App Preparation Tool, you can wrap apps to secure access and enforce policies. After you wrap the app, administrators can upload the app to CloudGateway and then users can download and install the app from Citrix Receiver. They can subsequently open and work with the app from an icon on the iOS home screen, called a Springboard, on the mobile device or from the Receiver home page.
How the App Preparation Tool Works
Citrix provides the Citrix App Preparation Tool so that you can wrap a mobile app for iOS with Citrix logic and policies. The tool can securely wrap an app that was created within your organization or a mobile app made outside the company. Upon completion of wrapping the app, you can upload the app to CloudGateway.
After you download the App Preparation Tool from My Citrix on the Citrix Web site, when you run the tool, the tool prompts you to follow these basic steps:
- Specify an iOS mobile app IPA file.
- Provide the app name and optional details about the app.
- Choose the iOS Distribution Provisioning Profile and Distribution Certificate to sign the app for distribution.
- Save the new Citrix Mobile Application (CMA) file that the tool creates to your computer. The CMA file is the wrapped app that contains Citrix logic and policies.
When you run the App Preparation Tool, the app determines the application type and version. You can select the minimum and maximum operating system versions. You can also select which devices cannot run the app.
You obtain the iOS Distribution Provisioning Profile from Apple that allows Apple to sign the app. For more information about obtaining provisioning profiles, see the Apple Web site.
After you complete wrapping the app, you then upload the CMA file to CloudGateway. You use the AppController Management Console to configure specific application details and policy settings that Citrix Receiver enforces. When users log on by using Receiver, the app appears in the store. Users can then download the app and install it on their device. For more information about configuring the app details and policy settings in AppController, see Adding Mobile Apps to AppController.
Citrix CloudGateway 2 Express
Separate desktop and application views. When both desktops and applications are available from a site, Receiver for Web displays separate desktop and application views with behavior that is tailored to the types of resources being delivered. For more information, see Optimizing the User Experience.
Receiver for HTML5 integration. Install Receiver for HTML5 on your StoreFront servers to enable users with compatible browsers to access applications on Receiver for Web sites using Receiver for HTML5. For more information, see Receiver for HTML5 1.0.
Streamlined initial configuration. The redesigned StoreFront initial configuration process enables you to create a store complete with a Receiver for Web site and remote access through a single, wizard-driven procedure. For more information, see Installing and Setting Up StoreFront.
SmartAccess support. For users connecting to StoreFront through Access Gateway Enterprise Edition, you can use SmartAccess to control user access to XenDesktop and XenApp resources on the basis of Access Gateway session policies. For more information, see User Authentication.
High availability. You can group your StoreFront servers for increased scalability and fault tolerance. For more information, see Planning Your StoreFront Deployment.
Application synchronization. Subscribed applications follow users from device to device so that they do not need to subscribe to the same applications each time they use a different device. For more information, see Planning Your StoreFront Deployment.
Automatically provisioned applications. You can automatically subscribe all users to a core set of applications. For more information, see Integrating StoreFront into Your Environment.
Download Citrix CloudGateway 2 Enterprise (App Preparation Tool for Mobile Apps)
Require MyCitrix ID