FYI – I recommend using a Golden Image to test the below instructions and automate it if possible with software deployment. :)Here is how I was able to stop the annoying UAC prompt in Windows Server 2012R2 with Citrix XenApp 7.5
- Download the Windows Compatibility Toolkit from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352
- Choose ApplicationCompatibilityToolkitSetup.exe and download the component.
- Install ApplicationCompatibilityToolkitSetup.exe
- Open the Compatibility Administrator (use 32 bit for 32 bit programs and 64 for 64 bit)
- Click the Fix Button which will bring up a wizard
- Type the name of the program (eg. Fraps)
- Click the browse button and select the program
- Check the RunAsInvoker box and nothing else
- Click Next twice and then Finish
- Click Save
- Type in a name for the database, I used Fraps.
- Select a location/name for the save, I used the same directory as the program and “fraps.sdb”
- Exit Windows Compatibility Toolkit
- Start an elevated command prompt
- Click the start button
- Type: cmd
- Right click on the cmd result and select “Run as administrator”
- Navigate to the directory you saved the sdb file to
- Type: sdbinst Fraps.sdb
- You should see the following result:
- Installation of Fraps complete.
- All done! Enjoy your starting of the Fraps with multiple users in Citrix XenApp 7.5 with LoginVSI without UAC prompts!
Now you can start scaletesting and capturing FPS with Fraps with LoginVSI GFX in a Citrix XenApp 7.5 environment.
Good Luck with Graphical Scaletesting