VMware have released a new version of VMware Horizon 7.10, and this release is for now general available from 17th September 2019.
This is a major release, so I hope you like this article I put together.
VMware have made some huge improvements in this release, which customers/partners are going to benefit from.
VMware Horizon 7.10 is now supporting the new NVIDIA RTX GPU’s (RTX6000, RTX8000) HINT – If you are using Nvidia vGPU (on-prem) I highly recommend you upgrade to vGPU 9.1 and Horizon 7.10 and vSphere 6.7CU3.
I have in this article also included the new features of Horizon Cloud service for IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure.
Vmware Horizon 7.10 have a big update to Blast Extreme, it have a new Adaptive Codec, which replaces JPEG/PNG codec, I am excited to learn more about this and how this can benefits customers and hopefully RDanalyzer.com guys also gets this into their client so we can better understand what’s happening inside the protocol from a user perspective.
Vmware also have a new Codec switching which automatically switches codec based on screen content: I can see a big value for end users with this new feature and this will make experience even better with VMware Horizon.
VMware Horizon 7.10 is a Extended Service Branch (ESB) release, VMware Horizon 7.10 supports now VMware Skyline Log Assist for better logging and analysis.
VMware also made this great video of what’s new
Now, lets dig into what’s new in this major release.
What is new in VMware Horizon 7.10
VMware Horizon 7.10 provides the following new features and enhancements
- VMware Horizon Connection Server On-Premises
- VMware Horizon Agent for Linux
- VMware Horizon Agent for Windows
- VMware Horizon GPO Bundle
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager 9.9 (former VUEM)
- VMware Unified Access Gateway 3.7
- VMware AppVolume 2.18
- VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon 6.6
- VMware Horizon Clients 5.2 for Android, Chrome, Linux, iOS, Mac, Windows, UWP, HTML Access
VMware Horizon Cloud services:
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service 2.1 (Azure, AWS, On-prem)
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud 19.3