NVIDIA vGPU 13
It’s time to plan updating your NVIDIA Enterprise GPUs. NVIDIA vGPU Software 13 is now GA since August 2021.
NVIDIA vGPU software includes vWS, vCS, vPC, and vApps.
If you got any of followin NVIDIA GPU’s: A10, A16, A30, A40, A100, M6, M10, M60, P4, P6, P40, P100, V100, T4, RTX A5000, RTX A6000, RTX6000, RTX8000 If you are interested in a quick overview of which NVIDIA enterprise GPU is supporting which hypervisor, Guest os and remoting technology, I highly recommend you check out this link from NVIDIA that provides the NVIDIA vGPU software product support matrix. NVIDIA vGPU software 13 is supported until August 2024. NVIDIA vGPU software 13 is a Long-Termin Support Branch.
I this article, I am also covering which Public Cloud instance is available with NVIDIA GPUs and which license is BYO or provided by the public cloud provider such as Azure, AWS, GCP, Alibaba.
For a list of validated server platforms, refer to NVIDIA vGPU Certified Servers.
Important note for EUC (Citrix/VMware customers):
- NVIDIA vGPU 13.0 is supported with VMware Horizon 2106 (8.3), 2013 (8.2), 2012 (8.1), 2006 (8.0), 7.13, 7.12, 7.11, 7.10, 7.9, 7.8, 7.7, 7.6, 7.5, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0
- NVIDIA vGPU 13.0 is only supported with Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (LTSR) 7 1912, 7.15 (CR) 7 2012, 2103, 2106, 2012, 2009, 2006, 2003, 1909, 1906, 1903
This release includes the following software:
- NVIDIA vGPU Manager version 470.63 for following hypervisors. (Citrix Hypervisor, VMware vSphere, RHEL KVM)
- NVIDIA Windows driver version 471.68
- NVIDIA Linux driver version 470.63.01
New Features in Release 13.0
- Support for the following NVIDIA CUDA Toolkitfeatures on NVIDIA vGPU:
- Development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, profilers, and utilities as listed under CUDA Toolkit Major Components in NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit Release Notes for CUDA 11.4
- Tracing and profiling through the CUDA Profiling Tools Interface (CUPTI)
- Compatibility with the guest VM drivers from the previous long-term support branch (11)
- Single-slice GPU instances with decoder support
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Hardware and Software Support Introduced in Release 13.0
- Support for the following GPUs:
- NVIDIA A100 PCIe 80GB
- NVIDIA A30
- NVIDIA A16
- Support for Windows Server 2022 with Hyper-V role
- Support for Windows Server 2022 as a guest OS
- Support for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops version 7 2106
- Support for VMware Horizon 2106 (8.3)
Feature Support Withdrawn in Release 13.0
- The following GPUs are no longer supported on VMware vSphere:
- NVIDIA A100 HGX 80GB
- NVIDIA A100 PCIe 40GB
- NVIDIA A100 HGX 40GB
- NVIDIA Virtual Compute Server (vCS) is no longer supported on VMware vSphere and C-series vGPU types are no longer available. Instead, vCS is supported on VMware vSphere with NVIDIA AI Enterprise.
- The base VMware vSphere 7.0 release and VMware vSphere 7.0 Update 1 are no longer supported.