Wyse Xenith 1.5 supports HDX Realtime Webcam
Wyse is going to release soon a Maintenance Release 1 for Wyse ThinOS 7 and Xenith 1.5.
ThinOS 7 MR1 & Xenith firmware 1.5 supports HDX Realtime Webcam which leverages the Universal Video Driver (most Logitec and Microsoft webcams support this) and overcomes the need to install a local driver which. With ThinOS 7 MR1 & Xenith 1.5 you can use both HDX Realtime Webcam as well as HDX Realtime with the builtin Voice Codec with Microsoft Lync 2010.
Major enhancements are:
– Account Self Service feature where users can reset their own password and unlock their account
– HDX Realtime Webcam support in combination with XA6 and XD5
– RDP 7 Bitmap Compression
– RDP NLA Kerberos
– Localization of the GUI (at the moment loginscreen and boot messages only)
– Autologon (for instance for kiosks)
– Network capture to USB (create pcap files for troubleshooting connectivity issues)
– Much much more 🙂
So if you are looking for delivering a HDX Realtime Webcam support in combination with XenDesktop 5 or XenApp6 with Microsoft Lync (former known as Microsoft Office Communication Server), Wyse ThinOS 7 MR1 / Xenith 1.5 is the perfect match for delivering a great user experience.
When you have a valid maintenance agreement the binaries can be downloaded from the Wyse Self Service portal in the coming weeks.