Citrix XenApp 6.5 Feature Pack 3
Citrix have released Feature Pack 3 for XenApp 6.5. If you are using XenApp 6.5 and have no plans moving from IMA to FMA architecture which XenApp 7.6 is then you might like the Feature Pack 3 components.
XenApp 6.5 Feature Pack 3 is an update for XenApp 6.5 customers, giving you access to new and recently released Citrix components. Download these individually and install them into your existing deployment. Some components require Platinum or Enterprise editions of XenApp 6.5.
What’s new in Feature Pack 3?
- StoreFront 3.0 – Delivers centralized customization and branding of your users’ applications and desktop selection experience across Receivers for Windows, Mac, and Linux (on desktops) and Receivers for Web, HTML5, and Chrome (on mobile devices). For more information, see http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/3/sf-about-30.html.
- HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.8 – For Enterprise and Platinum editions of XenApp, offers clear, crisp high-definition video calls with Microsoft Skype for Business and Lync. Users can seamlessly participate in audio-video or audio-only calls to and from other HDX RealTime users and other standards-based video desktop and conference room systems. For more information, see http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/hdx-optimization/1-8.html.
- Director 7.6.300 – Includes fixes for issues in Version 7.6.200.
This release also includes the following components:
- Provisioning Services 7.6 – For Enterprise and Platinum editions of XenApp. To download this component, visit https://www.citrix.com/downloads/provisioning-services/product-software/provisioning-services-76.html.
- AppDNA 7.6 – For Platinum edition of XenApp. To download this component, visit https://www.citrix.com/downloads/appdna/product-software/appdna-76.html.
- XenServer 6.5 Service Pack 1 – To download this component, visit https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenserver/product-software/xenserver-65.html.
- Universal Print Server 7.6 – To download this component, visit http://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenapp/components/citrix-universal-print-server-ups-76.html?_ga=1.134207245.285281709.1418855524.
- Profile management 5.2.1 – To download this component, visit https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenapp/components/xenapp-component-updates-after-xenapp-6-5-feature-pack-2.html.
- License Server 11.12.1 – To download this component, visit https://www.citrix.com/downloads/licensing/license-server/license-server-version-11121-for-windows.html.
Citrix encourages you to migrate your deployment from XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.6. To find out more about this, see http://www.citrix.com/products/xenapp/tech-info/upgrade.html.
To deliver VM hosted apps, download the XenApp 7.6 ISO file and Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) packages from http://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenapp.html
Download Citrix XenApp 6.5 Feature Pack 3 here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Citrix technology professional – CTP, and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional MVP, Thomas Poppelgaard provides professional services. Write to me on my email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on my cell +45 53540356