Cannot Log on to Desktop Director 2.0 Connected to XenApp 6.5
You cannot log on to the Desktop Director 2.0 that connects to XenApp 6.5. The event viewer shows the following error:
Additional diagnostics information (exception message):
‘No farms or sites are currently accessible’
Desktop Director 2.0 allows connections to both XenDesktop 5.5 and XenApp 6.5. The default installation is only configured for XenDesktop connections.
Complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Open IIS Manager on the Desktop Director Server.
- Browse to Server Name > Sites > Default Web Site > DesktopDirector.
- Double-click Application Settings.
- Double-click Service.AutoDiscoveryAddress.
- Change the name from Service.AutoDiscoveryAddresses to Service.AutoDiscoveryAddressesXA.
- Ensure that the value is set to the XenApp server FQDN.
Ensure that port 2513 is open on the XenApp server. By default, the local administrator has access to WinRM. Additional non-administrator help desk users should be added with the ConfigRemoteMgmt.exe tool available on the install media.