Citrix Receiver Clean-Up Utility
Having problems removing Citrix Online Plugin 11.x & 12.x or Citrix Receiver version 13.x or 14.x then help is here.
Citrix have released a tool called Receiver Clean-Up Utility, that solves these issues.
Receiver Cleanup utility must be used in the following scenarios:
- Receiver or Online Plug-in is installed but the old components still exist or creating abnormal scenarios.
- Receiver or Online Plug-in components must be cleaned before troubleshooting or installation.
- Receiver or Online Plug-in are unable to function and the product is unable to install or uninstall.
CTX325140 – How to Remove Client Files Remaining on System after Uninstalling Receiver for Windows
Receiver Cleanup utility cleans out components, files, and registry values of Online Plug-in 11.x, 12.x, and Receiver 13.x, 14.0.
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 2008 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2
Installing Receiver Cleanup Utility
Receiver Cleanup Utility is an executable file (standalone).
How to Use Receiver Cleanup Utility
To use Receiver Cleanup utility, complete the following steps:
- Extract and run the Receiver Cleanup utility with administrator privileges.
- Restart after prompted.
If desired, the Receiver Cleanup utility can be run in an unattended mode, by specifying the executable with a parameter of /silent (Ex: “C:\temp\ReceiverCleanupUtility.exe /silent” )
Caution!: This will not prompt to backup, nor reboot even if necessary, and will not automatically reboot.