How to Configure Application Pre-Launch in Citrix XenApp 6.5
This article contains information on how to configure Application Pre-launch in XenApp 6.5.
- Citrix Receiver 3.0 for Windows
- Online Plugin 13.0
Pre-launch is a new feature that helps to reduce the application starting time during peak-traffic.
Complete the following procedure to configure Application Pre-Launch in XenApp 6.5:
- Select an application for pre-launch from the AppCenter.
- Right-click the application and select other tasks.
- Create pre-launch application.
- Once complete, a new pre-launch application is added to the app list with the following icon followed by an application name:
- On the client device, verify that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Prelaunch key is set as follows (Default Installation Values):
- Close the Receiver and then re-open it.
- Notice in AppCenter that the application is set for prelaunch.
- The following screen shot displays a calculator that is prelaunched and ready:
- The application is now ready to start.
- It is a best practice to also set the folowing policies:
- Pre-launch Terminate Timer Interval
- Pre-launch Disconnect Timer Interval