Microsoft Office 2010 Known Issues with Citrix XenApp
This article contains information about issues and their known workarounds for Office 2010 products that users must be aware of in conjunction with the following Citrix products:
- XenApp 5.0
- XenApp 6.0
Note: Citrix Systems is committed to ensure compatibility with the latest Microsoft products.
- WISP 2007 does not support SharePoint 2010 (223873).
- XenApp 5 and 4.5 Installation Managers do not support Office 2010.
Workaround: Citrix recommends using Application Streaming feature of XenApp 5 and 4.5 to install Office 2010 to your XenApp server. Also the IM of XenApp 6 does support Office 2010 (227705).
Workaround for Installation Manager on XenApp on 2003
Use a .wfs script for an unattended installation. Run source location\setup.exe, and then add the command line /adminfile “source location\adminfile.msp”. Once this is created, edit the script to add the lines to the section from where the information was removed:
ConfigActions=T, Run UnInstall
ShellExecute=source location\setup.exe,T,open,%TEMPDIR%,/config “source location\uninstall.xml” /uninstall ProPlus,NORMAL
The following error message is displayed after starting Offline Word (234902):
“Insufficient memory, Windows Word cannot display the requested font”
This issue occurs because fonts are not downloaded properly.
Impacts – This issue impacts XenApp 6.
Workaround: Issue happens initially when users start the applications, but as the applications are started (multiple launches) then issue becomes less frequent.
The following issues are to be addressed in next release of Offline client Streaming
- App icon resolution in Citrix offline applications container is corrupted for Office 2010 applications in laptops. (234641). This issue impacts XenApp 6.
- Opening local document with the stream to client application through offline access crashes the application, intermittent. (234653). This issue impacts XenApp 6.
- Outlook 2010 Attachment preview of word document is not displayed properly, Seamless. (233642). This issue impacts XenApp 5 and 6.