VMware vSphere 5 Support for Citrix Provisioning Server 5.6.x and 6.0
Finally its now supported to build a Citrix Provisioning Server 5.6.x or 6.0 on a VMware vSphere 5 solution.
Provisioning Server 5.6 and 6.0 Target Devices hosted on VMware vSphere 5.0 becomes unresponsive after Windows operating system restart (at a black screen with PXE)
– Or –
“hang” after “Found “!PXE” @ xxxx:yyyy” (with BDM).
Provisioning Server 5.6.x and 6.0 are now supported with vSphere 5 with an updated Bootstrap configuration change.
The workaround for this issue is to select Interrupt safe mode in the Bootstrap.
This needs to be performed in one of two places:
If you are providing the Bootstrap through the Provisioning Server:
In the Provisioning Server Console, right click on Configure Bootstrap, click on Options, and select Interrupt safe mode, as shown in the following screen shot:
If you are using the BDM boot ISO to provide the bootstrap to your Target Devices, perform the following:
- Click on Start > Citrix > Boot Device Manager, as displayed in the following screen shot.
- In the Specify Login Server screen, enter the necessary information for your environment, click Next.
- On the Set Options screen, select Interrupt Safe Mode and click Next, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- On the Burn the Boot Device screen, enter any relevant details for your configuration, select: Citrix ISO Image Recorder from Boot Deviceand select Burn, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Save the Boot ISO and/or move it to the VMware data store that your Target Devices have access to, and configure your Virtual Machines to start from the new Boot ISO you just created.