Citrix have released a new version of the VDI-in-a-box 5.2
Whats new in VDI-in-a-Box 5.2
- Support for new hypervisor versions. VDI-in-a-Box now supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012, XenServer 6.1, and vSphere 5.1.
- Citrix Cloud Gateway StoreFront support. StoreFront users can access their VDI-in-a-Box desktops through StoreFront services provided by Cloud Gateway. StoreFront is a unified application and data store that allows Windows, web, SaaS and mobile applications to be aggregated and delivered to any user on any device anywhere. VDI-in-a-Box is now even more accessible on more devices through StoreFront and can be delivered alongside all your other applications. For more details, see Use StoreFront with VDI-in-a-Box.Download StoreFront from the VDI-in-a-Box download page on the Citrix web site.
- Microsoft Lync support. The Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Lync offers clear, crisp, high-definition video calls in conjunction with Microsoft Lync. Users can seamlessly participate in audio-video or audio-only calls to and from other HDX RealTime users and other standards-based video desktop and conference room systems. For more details, see Optional components.
- Image export. Published images can easily be exported for use with Citrix XenDesktop and other purposes on the hypervisor. For more details, see Manage images.
- Licensing management through a Citrix license server. If you are already using Citrix Licensing, you now have the option to also manage VDI-in-Box licensing through your central license server. For more details, see License VDI-in-a-Box.
- Multiple data stores. A third data store can be configured. This allows separate storage of personal vDisks (the personalized data and applications used for personal desktops), enabling you to use faster storage for this to optimize performance. For more details, seeStore data in more than one data store.
- Windows Server 2012 virtual desktops. Support is provided for Windows Server 2012 images as virtual desktops using RDP connection only.
- Automated desktop agent upgrade. After upgrading VDI-in-a-Box, you can update the desktop agents on your existing images with a single click. For more details, see Migrate from VDI-in-a-Box 5.0.x or 5.1.x to VDI-in-a-Box 5.2.
- Citrix Desktop Lock. Use the Desktop Lock when users do not need to interact with the local desktop. In this access scenario, the virtual desktop effectively replaces the local one, allowing the user to interact with the virtual desktop as if it is local. This enables you to use workstations as thin clients to connect to VDI-in-a-Box. For more details, see Access VDI-in-a-Box from user devices.Download the Desktop Lock from the VDI-in-a-Box download page on the Citrix web site.
Download Citrix VDI-in-a-box 5.2 here (Require MyCitrix ID)
Documentation of VDI-in-a-box 5.2 (eDocs)