VMware have released a new version of VMware Horizon 7.11, and this release is for now general available from 13th December 2019. This is a major release, so I hope you like this article I put together. VMware have made some huge improvements in this release, which customers/partners are going to benefit from.
HINT – If you are using Nvidia vGPU (on-prem) I highly recommend you upgrade to NVIDIA vGPU 10, when this is released it will be supporting VMware Horizon 7.11. I have in this article also included the new features of Horizon Cloud service for IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure.
One of the great things I saw in this release is that VMware Horizon the new HW encoder supports five or more monitors. Lets dig into what is new.
What is new in VMware Horizon 7.11
VMware Horizon 7.11 provides the following new features and enhancements
- VMware Horizon Connection Server On-Premises
- VMware Horizon Agent for Linux
- VMware Horizon Agent for Windows
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager 9.10 (former VUEM)
- VMware Unified Access Gateway 3.8
- VMware Horizon Clients 5.3 for Android, Chrome, Linux, iOS, Mac, Windows, UWP, HTML Access
VMware Horizon Cloud services:
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service 2.2 (Azure, AWS, On-prem)
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud 19.3