Citrix CloudGateway 1.0 Technical Preview
Citrix CloudGateway Express is a software for Windows
Citrix CloudGateway Enterprise is an virtual appliance and soon available buildin NetScaler
CloudGateway is industry’s first unified service broker that aggregates, controls and delivers all apps and data, including Windows, web, SaaS and mobile, to ANY device, anywhere. It provides end-users with an intuitive single point of access via Citrix Receiver and self-service to all their business apps on any device anywhere, and provides IT with a comprehensive single point of aggregation and control for all apps.
CloudGateway is fully integrated with Citrix Receiver, which is available for over 1.5B devices, including PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones. Also, Citrix Receiver for Web will enable the same capability for any browser on devices where you may not be able to install the native Receiver. Citrix Receiver continues to be rapidly adopted by our customers and users, now having millions of downloads and winning new awards – recently won the esteemed award from CRN – Top Enterprise App Award!
CloudGateway offers great set of features for both end users and IT.
- Unified Storefront with self-service: enabling customers to setup a simple and powerful enterprise app store so that end users can get all their apps and data from one place. End users can subscribe to their apps and data via self-service, including Windows apps, Web apps, SaaS apps and mobile apps.
- Follow-me apps on any device, with federated SSO: delivers end-user flexibility to select their own apps on one device and seamlessly gain single-click access to the same set of apps on any device using Citrix Receiver. Also, as the apps are launched, users get single sign-on to their apps – including enterprise or cloud-based apps.
- App requests with automated provisioning: Admins can create automated workflows that allow quick, easy user account creation, updates and deletion for all apps using existing directories and security mechanisms. This means when a user is on-boarded or needs a new app, all app requests can go through workflows and user accounts get automatically provisioned without any IT hassles.
- 360-degree controls: Allows IT to define comprehensive control policies that use the full access scenario context (user, device, network, etc.) and determine which apps and data, and levels of access should be provided. Also, the policies enable remote wipe for any data that may be resident locally on a mobile device.
- App monitoring: allows IT to monitor real-time application response SLAs to hold SaaS providers accountable for agreed upon SLAs
- License optimization & compliance: enables IT to monitor app usage and license utilization to save money on SaaS app licensing by removing the need for over-provisioning.
This solution is enabled by integration of four key technologies:
- Storefront Services – bringing an enterprise storefront for all apps and data to any device
- Gateway Services – Offering the required security, access and controls
- Content controllers – enabling access to different types of apps or data – Windows apps/desktops, Web/SaaS, Mobile or Data
- Citrix Receiver – available for all devices and browsers – giving beautiful experience for users on all devices.
CloudGateway 1.0 will be available in two editions:
- CloudGateway Enterprise empowers end users with a single point of access and self-service for Windows, Web and SaaS from any device, and provides IT with contextual controls and automated provisioning of users for all apps.
- CloudGateway Express enables existing XenApp and XenDesktop customers to deliver all their Windows apps and desktops to any device via a unified storefront with self-service. Designed with built-in headroom for the cloud era, CloudGateway Express is an easy upgrade from Web Interface and PNAgent and enables enterprises to be cloud-ready by providing seamless upgrade to CloudGateway Enterprise, extending the unified app store to web and SaaS apps.