Citrix Provisioning Services 6.0 beta
New features in Citrix Provisioning Services 6.0
The Provisioning Services 6.0 Beta provides an early opportunity for citrites, customers and partners to try the new features in this release. This release focuses on providing tools to streamline the image management process, including:
- Integrated vDisk Version Management: Allows you to create and manage versions directly within the Provisioning Services Console. Versions can be targeted specific groups of devices facilitating the image lifecycle flow through maintenance, test, and production. In addition, versions are maintained as difference files, conserving storage space.
- Automated vDisk Updates: Allows you to define recurring scheduled tasks that automate the process of vDisk patching using tools like Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Support for vDisk Replication: Allows you to safely use replication solutions like Microsoft DFS Replication to distribute vDisks across multiple servers or geographic locations. Provisioning Servers will maintain an inventory of available vDisks and versions and adjust load balancing as needed to ensure sessions are only assigned to servers that have access to the required vDisk/version.
The beta will run through July and August and is open to Citrix partners and existing customers who have Provisioning Services licenses, or Enterprise or Platinum XenDesktop, XenApp, or XenServer licenses. Provisioning Services 6.0 is compatible with XenDesktop 5 and SP1, XenApp 6, and XenServer 5.6, FP1, and SP2.
Click here to download the Provisioning Services 6.0 Beta
Before installing the beta, please read through the release notes. They will provide you with information about what functionality is and is not available in the beta.
During the beta you can go to the Provisioning Services 6.0 Beta Forum to get updated information about the beta, post questions or problems, and get help from members of the Provisioning Services team and other beta participants.
Deep dig-in Citrix Provisioning Services 6.0
Check out this cool presentation that Patrick Carey made at Citrix Synergy in SF 2011
My Experience with Citrix Provisioning Services 6.0 Beta (updated 07-07-2011)
I have just downloaded and installed the Citrix Provisioning Services 6.0
- The installer looks great, you can now install the server with console, even if you installed the console first. This was an issue before in later versions.
- Upgrading from Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6SP1 to 6.0 Beta runs smooth
- Citrix Storage controllers is a device software i noticed thats new, “windows security pops up ..”
- i keep you updated when i see some stuff in PVS6Beta that i want to share with you*