Citrix ShareFile Sync v.1.3 for Windows
Citrix have released a new version of Citrix ShareFile Sync for Windows. The new version 1.3 include new features and fix bugs.
Whats new in Citrix ShareFile Sync 1.3 for Windows
- Circular logging – Sync logging is now enabled, it is placed on the user’s %temp% directory by default. It is growth is limited to two files of 10MBs each.
- Shared Folders – Users can now synchronize folders shared by other users. To enable this feature, open the preferences menu from the ShareFile Sync icon in the notification area, then select the desired folders.
- Silent Uninstall – The install packages now support silent installations. To use this functionality add the /qn switch to the end of the command line, for example:
- GPO settings – There are now three configurable registry keys that can be created to configure
Account (REG_SZ): The ShareFile account name.
1. Use 0 for Single sign-on, this will use the current Windows’ user authentication
2. Use 1 to prompt for user credentials.
LocalSyncFolder (REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ): Path to the fixed local drive.
Removable media and network shares are not allowed. Environment variables are
supported but must set the value type to REG_EXPAND_SZ.
AuthenticationType (REG_MULTI_SZ): List of ShareFile Folder Ids. Admins are expected to use the sharefile.com website to get the folder IDs of the shared folders.
Sample .reg file
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Citrix\ShareFile\EnterpriseSync] “Account”=”YourCompanyName.sharefile.com” “AuthenticationType”=dword:00000000 “LocalSyncFolder”=”C:\\DesiredSyncPath” “SharedFolderIds”=hex(7):64,00,34,00,31,00,64,00,38,00,63,00,64,00,39,00,38,00,\
Download Citrix ShareFile Sync version 1.3 for Windows here. (Requires MyCitrix ID)