Citrix VDI-in-a-Box 5.1.1
Citrix have released a hotfix 1 for of the simple VDI solution – Citrix VDI-in-a-box 5.1
Lets go through whats new and why you should update your existing VDI-in-a-box solution or why its time to look at the product.
Important: This hotfix is for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box 5.1. Do not apply it to earlier versions. For hotfixes for earlier releases, see Hotfixes for VDI-in-a-Box 5.0, Hotfixes for Kaviza VDI-in-a-box 4.1, and Hotfixes for Kaviza VDI-in-a-box 4.0.
Caution! Once installed, this hotfix cannot be rolled back.
New Fixes in This Release
- A personal desktop cannot be restored on a new server with a restored personal disk if its host server is shutdown or missing.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#330421]
- Users’ personal desktop will be destroyed if the base image’s patch update is rolled back.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#331883]
- The Session tab intermittently shows the incorrect IP address for the user device.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#328491]
- Restarting personal desktops with a logged-on user, with pending base image refresh, may destroy the desktop.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#328192]
- You cannot establish an HDX-based connection to a draft image in a workgroup immediately after Desktop Agent installation. To work around this issue, restart the draft image from the Image page.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#325666]
- The desktop agent uninstall process fails when run manually.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#315778]
- A server upgraded from 5.0.2 to 5.1 has a status of “broken” if the firewall on the Hyper-V server blocks SMB ports (for file and printer sharing).
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#328040]
- Personal desktops configured to use Fast Refresh do not save the user’s profile.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#330361, #330417]
- Users may experience delays of 40 seconds or longer while longing on to their virtual desktops.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#330454]
- The personal desktop service and files are not uninstalled when the desktop agent is uninstalled from the virtual machine.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#331322]
- The error “SSL Certificate for vdiHVConnector failed to install” appears during installation of VDI-in-a-Box for Hyper-V due to a Windows issue documented in the Microsoft Support article Default permissions for the MachineKeys folders.
[From HF_ VDI_inabox_5.1.1] [#328174]
Download Citrix VDI-in-a-box 5.1 hotfix 1 here
or download the full appliance with 5.1.1 integrated (Require MyCitrix ID)