How to Disable User-Driven Desktop Restart in Web Interface for XenDesktop 5.x
This article describes how to disable the user-driven desktop restart option found in Web Interface for XenDesktop 5.x
A working XenDesktop 5.x Site
Access to DDC and
By default, the users have the ability to restart their virtual desktops directly from Web Interface. The following PowerShell commands removes that link taking away the end-user’s ability to restart virtual machines.
- Start a PowerShell session by clicking the blue icon on the taskbar or browsing to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows PowerShell > Windows PowerShell
- Type Asnp Citrix.* and press Enter. This loads the Citrix-specific PowerShell modules.
- Type Set-BrokerAccessPolicyRule “DesktopGroupName_Direct” –AllowRestart $false (Replace “DesktopGroupName” with the name of the desktop group that you wish to disable this feature for), press Enter.
- Type Set-BrokerAccessPolicyRule “DesktopGroupName_AG” –AllowRestart $false (Replace “DesktopGroupName” with the name of the desktop group that you wish to disable this feature for), press Enter.
- Check results of commands by typing: Get-BrokerAccessPolicyRule and press Enter.
- Results should show as follows:
- The following is the result in Web Interface:
CTX127254 – XenDesktop 5 SDK Cmdlet Help