Missing ICA Latency Data in Desktop Director for Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp
Windows Remote Management (WinRM) is correctly configured on the desktop machine; this is displayed by Activity and HDX information appearing. Desktop Director is showing dash (-) for ICA latency under the Session Details panel.
The ability to retrieve ICA latency information depends on DCOM security permissions. The Desktop Director user might not have the necessary permissions to retrieve this data.
- Log on as administrator, open command prompt on the desktop machine, and run comexp.msc, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Open Console Root > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config > Citrix PortICA COM Server
- Right-click and select Properties, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Select the Securities tab. For the Launch and Activation Permissions, select Customize and click Edit, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Click Add and add the Desktop Director user, ensuring that the Local Launch and Local activation permissions are set. Once these permissions have been applied, Desktop Director displays the ICA latency information.
This document applies to:
- XenApp 6.5 and XenDesktop 5.5