Project Thor – XenApp connector for Microsoft SCCM 2012
Citrix have released a tech preview of Project Thor. Project Thor is a XenApp connector for Microsoft SCCM 2012.
The Project Thor Tech Preview enables administrators to orchestrate the tasks required to deliver applications both to end-users and XenApp Servers seamlessly with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. With the Project Thor Connector, administrators can:
- Extend the Configuration Manager 2012 user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, CAB, or XenApp
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly, for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
The Project Thor Connector ensures high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates without any downtime for users.
The Thor Connector also enables user self-service access to applications delivered by XenApp from the Configuration Manager Application Catalog as well as Citrix Receiver.
In addition to these features Thor Technology Preview incorporates numerous improvements over the XenApp Connector for Configuration Manager 2007 R2, including:
- Improved integration with Microsoft App-V 4.6
- Numerous supportability improvements to improve overall administrator experience
- Extensive environment checks and diagnostics in the configuration setup wizard
- Improved logging information using the SCCM standard trace formats (SMSTrace)
- Seamless propagation of remote exceptions into local log files
Download Project Thor – XenApp connector for Microsoft SCCM 2012 here (Require MyCitrix ID)