XenApp 6 Fundamentals Edition
Citrix have released XenApp 6 Fundamentals Edition
XenApp 6 Fundamentals Edition is a turnkey application delivery solution designed for small and mid-size businesses, which typically have limited IT resources, to deliver secure, remote access. The solution combines Remote Desktop Services CALs with Citrix technology and includes automated wizards for simpler configuration, personalization and management. XenApp Fundamentals addresses remote and offsite performance, security and availability requirements without needing to re-write applications, upgrade PCs, or increase network bandwidth for up to 75 users.
New for XenApp 6 Fundamentals edition includes:
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Support for multiple HDX features including:
- HDX MediaStream for Flash – Whenever possible, Flash content accessed via server hosted applications, including video and flash-based applications, is offloaded from the server and redirected to the user’s PC for processing and rendering which reduces resource consumption on the server and improves performance for users.
- HDX Plug-n-Play for Windows portable USB devices – Enables users to connect Microsoft Windows portable USB devices – such as point-of-sale devices, Webcams, scanners and digitial cameras – to their PC and automatically maps them to their server-hosted application session to preserve the user experience that users would have when using these devices on their local PC with installed applications.
- HDX Plug-n-Play for USB mass storage devices – Enables users to connect USB 1, 2 and U3 drives to their PC and automatically maps them to their server-hosted application session to preserve the user experience that users would have when using these devices on their local PC with installed apps.
- HDX Realtime CD audio – Enhanced audio codec reduces bandwidth consumption of audio streams by 90% while preserving CD quality sound.
- HDX RealTime collaboration – Support for Microsoft OCS enables audio and video conferencing while hosting Microsoft Office Communicator securely in the data center. Additionally, softphone compatibility enhancements like echo cancellation allow softphones to be hosted centrally on XenApp servers for delivery and use anywhere
- Universal smartphone support for iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobile