Citrix XenServer 6.5 Service Pack 1
At Citrix Synergy, Mark T announces the availability of Citrix XenServer 6.5 Service Pack 1.
This is an important step for Citrix and shows the value of how Citrix is supporting their Hypervisor.
From my view its great to see Intel GVT-d joins the GPU pass-through which NVIDIA have been doing for a long time. NVIDIA is the leader of GPU for desktop/server virtualization and with NVIDIA GRID vGPU density makes it more affordable for every business.
NVIDIA GPU pass-through for Linux VM’s is now supported, great move and needed for Virtual Desktop Agent for Linux so you can connect to a GPU enabled desktop that is virtualized on Citrix XenServer
Service Pack 3 is a 379MB file, so it contains lots of hotfixes 🙂
What’s New in This Service Pack 1
This Service Pack 1 for Citrix XenServer 6.5 delivers the following new features:
- Enhanced guest support
- RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux 6.6 and 7.1
- Scientific Linux 5.11, 6.6, 7.0, 7.1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3
- CoreOS 633.1.0
- Intel GVT-d Pass-through support for Windows VMs
- NVIDIA GPU Pass-through support for Linux VMs
- Ability to manage and monitor Docker™ containers using XenCenter
- Improved user experience for read caching. Customers can now see the status of read caching in XenCenter
- Improved supplemental pack installation
- More resilient hotfix and service pack installation
In addition, this Service Pack includes the following previously released hotfixes.
- CTX142060 – Hotfix XS65E001 – For XenServer 6.5.0
- CTX142059 – Hotfix XS65E002 – For XenServer 6.5.0
- CTX142061 – Hotfix XS65E003 – For XenServer 6.5.0
- CTX142141 – Hotfix XS65E005 – For XenServer 6.5.0
- CTX142147 – Hotfix XS65E006 – For XenServer 6.5
- CTX142273 – Hotfix XS65E007 – For XenServer 6.5.0
- CTX142266 – Hotfix XS65E008 for XenServer 6.5.0
XenServer 6.5.0 Service Pack 1 (XS65ESP1) should be installed by all customers running XenServer 6.5.0. It includes all previously released XenServer 6.5 hotfixes. Installation of XS65ESP1 will be required for future functional hotfixes.
Citrix will continue to provide security updates to the base XenServer 6.5 product for a period of six months, from the release date of the XenServer 6.5 Service Pack 1 (until 12th November 2015). After this six month period elapses, any new hotfixes will only be released to support XenServer 6.5 with SP1 applied.
Download Citrix XenServer service pack 1 here (does not require my citrix id)