NVIDIA vGPU Software 12
It’s time to plan updating your NVIDIA Enterprise GPUs. NVIDIA vGPU Software 12 is now GA.
NVIDIA vGPU software includes vWS, vCS, vPC, and vApps.
If you got any of followin NVIDIA GPU’s: M6, M10, M60, P4, P6, P40, P100, V100, T4, RTX6000, RTX8000, A100, A40, RTXA6000.
If you are interested in a quick overview of which NVIDIA enterprise GPU is supporting which hypervisor, Guest os and remoting technology, I highly recommend you check out this link from NVIDIA that provides the NVIDIA vGPU software product support matrix.
NVIDIA vGPU software 12 is supported until January 2022.
NVIDIA vGPU software 12 is a new-feature branch support. If you are looking for Long-Term support branch latest release is 11.x or 8.x
I this article, I am also covering which Public Cloud instance is available with NVIDIA GPUs and which license is BYO or provided by the public cloud provider such as Azure, AWS, GCP, Alibaba.
For a list of validated server platforms, refer to NVIDIA vGPU Certified Servers.
Important note for EUC (Citrix/VMware customers):
- NVIDIA vGPU 12.0 is supported with VMware Horizon 2006 (8.0), 7.13, 7.12, 7.11, 7.10, 7.9, 7.8, 7.7, 7.6, 7.5, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0
- NVIDIA vGPU 12.0 is only supported with Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (LTSR) 7.15, 7 1912, (CR) 7 2006, 7 2012
This release includes the following software:
- NVIDIA vGPU Manager version 460.32.04 for following hypervisors. (Citrix Hypervisor, VMware vSphere, RHEL KVM)
- NVIDIA Windows driver version 461.09
- NVIDIA Linux driver version 460.32.03
New Features in Release 12.0
- Support for NVIDIA® GPU Operator
- Support for NVIDIA®NVSwitch™ on-chip memory fabric
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Hardware and Software Support Introduced in Release 12.0
- Support for the following GPUs:
- NVIDIA A100 HGX 80GB
- NVIDIA A40
- NVIDIA RTX A6000
- Support for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2) as a guest OS
- Support for Red Hat CoreOS 4.7 as a guest OS
- Support for SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2