Citrix HDX 3D Pro Health Check Tool
Citrix have released a version of HDX 3D Pro Health Check Tool for troubleshooting Citrix XenDesktop HDX 3D Pro, the is still the same name.
The tool is build for Citrix XenDesktop 5.5 or 5.6 or 5.6 Feature Pack 1 HDX 3D Pro. I will test it later today and show you in video and pictures how this new tool works compared to the old health tool for HDX 3D Pro.
The HDX 3D Pro – Health Check tool validates the hardware, setup, and configuration for the HDX 3D Pro feature in XenDesktop 5.5. Following are the HDX 3D Pro Components covered by Health Check Tool:
- 3DPro Binaries
- 3DPro Processes
- Citrix Mirror Driver
- 3DPro Registries
- 3DPro Required Adapters
- 3DPro Hardware Requirement
- 3DPro VGX
- Virtual Desktop Agent (VDA) Current Setting (Current Codec, Quality Mode, Lossy\Lossless state, Max FPS, Logging, Force Codec)
- FPS Check for XenDesktop 5.6 Feature Pack 1
- XenDesktop 5.5 or 5.6 or 5.6 Feature Pack 1
- For VDA Check, run this tool as an administrator locally on the VDA or over the ICA connection
How to Use HDX 3D Pro Health Check Tool
- When you click Run, the tool does the validation of HDX 3D Pro components and gives the status as Pass or Fail. When you click Pass or Failstatus, it displays the relevant information in the textbox. For Fail status, additional Suggestions button is enabled where the users can find the suggestions to solve the issue.
- The tool does the validation of the hardware spec for VDA and client from HDX 3D Pro perspective. For VDA hardware spec check, clicking onRun gives the status as Pass and Fail followed by percentage. For Client check, clicking Windows Client Spec Validation gives client details.
- The tool provides current VDA settings. Clicking on Check Current Settings gives the VDA setting details.
- The tool provides current FPS for 5.6 Feature Pack 1. For fetching FPS count, start some complex application auto rotate model and clickStart.
- For FPS validation “DBgview.exe” should be present with “HDX 3D Pro – HealthCheck.exe”.
- The 3D Pro Health Check Tool is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Citrix makes no commitment to provide support for this tool.
Download Citrix HDX 3D Pro Health Check Tool here