Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.2 for Microsoft Lync
I have been looking for this release for a while and couldn’t find the HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.2 for Microsoft Lync.
Its available now for download at Citrix, lets digg in, whats new in this release.
About HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.2
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack provides a highly scalable solution for delivering real-time audio-video conferencing and USB or VoIP enterprise telephony through Microsoft® Lync® in XenDesktop, XenApp, and VDI-in-a-Box environments. HDX RealTime Optimization Pack leverages your existing Lync infrastructure and inter-operates with other Lync endpoints running natively on devices.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack consists of both client and server components:
- The client component, called Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine, is integrated with the Citrix Receiver on the endpoint device and performs all signaling and media processing directly on the user device itself, offloading the server for maximum scalability, minimizing network bandwidth consumption and ensuring optimal audio-video quality.
- The server-side (and virtual desktop) component, Citrix HDX RealTime Connector, is a connector to the Microsoft Lync client that drives the RealTime Media Engine on the endpoint. Connector runs in the virtual server environment alongside Microsoft Lync and communicates signaling information over a Citrix ICA virtual channel to the RealTime Media Engine running on the user device.
Fixed issues in 1.2
- When using RealTime Media Engine for Mac, sometimes the video window displays as a white window for a user who left a Lync conference call after being in the call for 15-20 seconds. The workaround is to close the window. [#14619]
- Sometimes the participant list displayed in multi-party calls can exclude newly added participants for some users in the conference call. [#14586, #14576]
- In certain situations PIP displays a black square instead of the local video view when RealTime Media Engine is running on Ubuntu terminals. Toggle PIP. [#62]
- If an administrator installs RealTime Connector for a user, the first time the user right-clicks, menu items are sometimes displayed in English instead of the local language. Instruct your users to exit and restart Lync. After restarting Lync, right-click menus appear in the local language.
- RealTime Connector is loaded in Fallback mode the first time after installation. The workaround for this is to restart Lync and the software will then work in optimized mode.
“A good friend of mine asked for which licenses the Optimization Pack is available for XenApp & XenDesktop, so I want to share this with you all.”
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack is a part of following XenDesktop license:
Citrix XenDesktop VDI, Enterprise, Platinum license.
The features is called Unified communications for XenDesktop
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack is a part of following XenApp license:
Citrix XenApp Fundamentals, Advanced, Enterprise & Platinum license.
The feature is called HDX RealTime for XenApp
Download Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.2 for Microsoft Lync here (Require MyCitrix ID)