Tech Preview – Citrix CloudBridge Connecting to Microsoft Azure
Citrix have released a new product to their CloudBridge portfolio.
Note: The appliance is only available for XenServer in this current Technical Preview.
What is Citrix CloudBridge to Microsoft Azure
Citrix CloudBridge connects enterprise datacenters to external clouds and hosting environments, making the cloud a secure extension of the enterprise network.
This technology preview offers standard based secure connectivity to Microsoft Azure. With this enhancement, a customer can connect their enterprise data center to the Azure VPN gateway and access the IaaS and PaaS offerings from Microsoft.
The following are the key points to note :
- Secure L3 connection to Azure VPN gateway
- CloudBridge deployment on the enterprise data center only. It is not running inside Azure
- No WAN Optimization or L2 extension supported in this solution since it needs deployment of CloudBridge on the Azure end as well.
Images and Licenses:
We are making available virtual appliances running on XenServer (xva images). These appliances need EVAL licenses. Please follow links to sign-up and get these EVAL licenses.
To get started:
- For the XenServer images of CloudBridge, please download from the list below
- Get and activate an EVAL license via the get license link for NetScaler VPX and follow the instructions. CloudBridge license is shared with NetScaler VPX Platinum Edition.
- Download the CloudBridge@Azure Tech Preview deployment guide from the link below the Download section
- For help with licensing the instance, refer to the NetScaler VPX licensing guide
- New to NetScaler/CloudBridge? Documentation, knowledge base articles, additional tutorials and other information is available on the NetScaler Knowledge Center
Download Tech Preview – Citrix CloudBridge Connecting to Microsoft Azure (Require MyCitrix ID)