Citrix License Server VPX – Version 11.10
Citrix have released a new version of Citrix License Server VPX. Please note this release is only available for XenServer.
License Server VPX
Citrix License Server VPX is a self-contained Linux-based virtual appliance that allows you to easily deploy licensing in your Citrix environment. You can bring the appliance online by:
- Importing the appliance to your host or pool of hosts.
- Configuring basic networking – specifying IP address, hostname, and other network information.
- Using the License Administration Console to upload licenses for your hosts.
- License Server VPX.A self-contained Linux-based virtual appliance that allows you to easily deploy licensing in your Citrix environment.
- User/Device License Enforcement – Enforcement for the user/device license model based on unique user IDs and unique device IDs is available with XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 and XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- udadmin – udadmin displays the licensed users and devices and enables release of the license assignment for specified users and devices.
- Though XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 is compatible with License Server VPX, you cannot use the Desktop Studio to view or manage licenses. Use the License Administration Console.
- Clustered license servers are not supported for VPX. You can use the High Availability (HA) feature on XenServer 5.6 – 6.0.
- Though /opt/citrix/licensing/LS/conf contains a self-signed SSL certificate and .key file, you can generate and use your own.
- Ports 1-1024 are reserved by the operating system. When configuring the VPX ports, use ports above 1024. If you use SSL, use port 10443, which is open in the firewall. If you choose a different port for SSL, reconfigure the firewall in the iptables.
- Prerequisites for Installing License Server VPX
- To import and configure the License Server VPX
- To import your first license
Download Citrix License Server VPX 11.10 here – require MyCitrix ID
More info about Citrix License Server VPX – http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/licensing-1110/lic-licensing-1110.html