Citrix Optimization Pack 1.3 for Microsoft Lync 2010
Citrix have released a new version of Optimization Pack 1.3 for Microsoft Lync 2010
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Lync version 2010 provides a highly scalable solution for delivering real-time audio-video conferencing and VoIP enterprise telephony through Microsoft Lync in XenDesktop, XenApp, and VDI-in-a-Box environments. HDX RealTime Optimization Pack leverages your existing Microsoft® Lync infrastructure and inter-operates with other Microsoft® Lync® endpoints running natively on devices.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack consists of both client and server components:
- The client component, called Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine, is integrated with the Citrix Receiver on the endpoint device and performs all signaling and media processing directly on the user device itself, offloading the server for maximum scalability, minimizing network bandwidth consumption and ensuring optimal audio-video quality.
- The server-side (and virtual desktop) component, Citrix HDX RealTime Connector, is a connector to the Microsoft® Lync® client that drives the RealTime Media Engine on the endpoint. The RealTime Connector runs in the virtual server environment alongside Microsoft® Lync® and communicates signaling information over a Citrix ICA virtual channel to the RealTime Media Engine running on the user device.
What’s new in Optimization Pack 1.3 for MS Lync 2010
- We’ve added two authentication methods: TLS-DSK and Kerberos.
- We’ve simplified logon so your users aren’t prompted for credentials as often.
- We’ve added menu options to Microsoft Outlook and as Smart Tags in other Microsoft Office applications:
- Start a Call
- Start a Video Call
- Select a Number
For more information about Smart Tags in Office applications, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306422.
- You can now run the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector with Remote PC Access on a 64-bit machine. [#16345]
- When you log on, the User Name field is now blank and you no longer see the SIP Address of Record (AOR) populated in that field. [#16219]
- During logon, you are not prompted for credentials by the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector because Single Sign-On (SSO) is implemented in most cases. [#16198]
- During logon, the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector implements Single Sign-on when you use the domain-name\user-name format for User Name in Lync and select Save Password. [#16054]
- We’ve optimized LyncMonitor.exe in Citrix HDX RealTime Connector to use less CPU, so you can be more flexible with your XenApp deployments. [#15966]
- When the Citrix RealTime Media Engine is accessing devices on a terminal configured for the Norwegian language, the RealTime Media Engine can now use the devices. [#15751]
- The Save password functionality has been fixed. [#15712, #150]
- You can now see the entire People Options button in the Group Conversation) window. [#15658, #15313, #132]
- For the Citrix RealTime Media Engine, the Citrix Merchandising Server and StoreFront MetaData file is now called CitrixHDXRealTimeMediaEngineMetadata.xml. [#15348]
- For the Simplified Chinese version of the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector, you can now access the correct Help page. [#15312, #132]
- For the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector, you can now restart the video with the Start My Video button when the video is stopped during an ad-hoc conference call. [#15308]
- For the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector, you can add an additional user to the call with the Add User button. This button was previously occasionally unavailable. [#15268, #136]
- For the RealTime Connector and the RealTime Media Engine, the Media Engine successfully registers when set to automatic configuration. The registration also succeeds when the domain of the user’s SIP Address of Record is different from the primary domain served by the Citrix HDX RealTime Connector. [#14986, #124]
- For the RealTime Connector and the RealTime Media Engine, the Media Engine successfully logs on if NTLM in Lync is disabled because the TLS-DSK and Kerberos authentication methods are now available. [#14298]
Download Citrix Optimization Pack 1.3 for Microsoft Lync here (Require MyCitrix ID)