Citrix Receiver for Windows 3.3
Citrix have released a new version of Citrix Receiver 3.3. Citrix Receiver is not released in an Enterprise edition anymore version 3.2 was the last Receiver that came in an Enterprise edition.
About Receiver for Windows 3.3
Citrix Receiver for Windows provides users with self-service access to resources published on XenApp or XenDesktop servers. Receiver combines ease of deployment and use, and offers quick, secure access to hosted applications, desktops, and data. Receiver also provides on-demand access to Windows, Web, and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. You can use it for Web access or configure it for use with Citrix CloudGateway.
Citrix Receiver for Windows 3.3 provides the following new features and enhancements.
- Simplified use for first-time and returning users:
- Users have just one package choice when installing Receiver for Windows 3.3 from the Citrix.com or your own download site.
- Users can set up a Receiver account by entering an email address or a server URL. Receiver determines the Access Gateway, StoreFront server, or AppController virtual appliance associated with the email address and then prompts the user to log on and proceed with the installation.
- The simplified interface no longer includes a Preferences panel.
- ShareFile integration. When used with Citrix ShareFile Enterprise, Receiver enables users to share and send documents from the Receiver window. Documents are stored in the cloud and synced with Receiver across all devices. The ShareFile Outlook plug-in is installed with Receiver for Windows, enabling users to attach large files to emails from Outlook.
- Template to create a site-specific download site. For administrators who need more control, Citrix provides a template that you can use to create a download site for Receiver.
- Automatic updates. For Receivers installed from Citrix.com or your download site, a new update service built in to Receiver automatically handles updates, in most cases silently. Receiver Updater for Windows is needed only if you prefer to use Merchandising Server to distribute Receiver and its updates.
- Access to SaaS apps from outside the firewall without a VPN. Receiver for Windows 3.3 does not require a VPN connection to access SaaS apps remotely. (Enterprise Web apps published and accessed through CloudGateway still require a VPN connection.)
System Requirements and Compatibility for Receiver for Windows
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded Edition)
- Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows XP Professional SP3, 32-bit edition and SP2, 64-bit edition
- Windows XP Embedded
- Windows 7 Thin PC
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Foundation, Standard, and Datacenter, 32-bit edition (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
- Windows Server 2003, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
Important: For XenDesktop connections, be aware that the Citrix Desktop Lock is only supported on Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Embedded, Windows 7, and Windows Embedded Standard 7. If your deployment includes Windows 7 or Windows Embedded Standard 7, see the additional requirements in this topic.
For operating system requirements for ShareFile integration, see “Availability of Receiver for Windows 3.3 features” later in this topic.
- XenApp (any of the following products):
- XenDesktop (any of the following products):
- To manage connections to apps and desktops, Citrix Receiver supports CloudGateway or Web Interface.
- CloudGateway Express, with StoreFront 1.2, 1.1 or 1.0For direct access to StoreFront stores.
- CloudGateway Express, with StoreFront 1.2, 1.1 or 1.0 configured with a Receiver for Web siteFor access to StoreFront stores from a web browser.
- CloudGateway Enterprise 2.0 or 1.0, with StoreFront 1.2, 1.1 or 1.0For access to Windows, Web, and Software as a Service (SaaS) apps. ShareFile integration requires the latest versions.
- Web Interface 5.x for Windows with XenApp Services and XenDesktop Services sites (also known as PNAgent sites)For access to apps from a web browser.
- Web Interface 5.x for Windows with XenApp Services or XenDesktop Services sites and the PNAgent pluginFor access to apps from a web browser.
- Merchandising Server 2.x
Citrix Receiver for Windows supports HTTPS and ICA-over-SSL connections through any one of the following configurations.
- For LAN connections:
- StoreFront using StoreFront services or Receiver for Web sitesSingle sign on to Web and SaaS apps published through AppController requires StoreFront 1.2 or 1.1.
- Web Interface 5.x for Windows, using XenApp Services and XenDesktop Services sites
Windows non-domain joined, kiosk, managed devices (with or without Desktop Lock) and domain-joined (with Desktop Lock), managed devices (repurposed PCs) are supported for LAN only connections.
- For secure remote or local connections:
- Citrix Access Gateway Enterprise Edition 10
- Citrix Access Gateway Enterprise Edition 9.x
- Citrix Access Gateway VPX
- Citrix Access Gateway 5.0
- Citrix Secure Gateway 3.x (for use with Web Interface only)
Windows domain-joined, managed devices (local and remote, with or without VPN) and non-domain joined devices (with or without VPN) are supported.
For information about connections that do not require a VPN, refer to http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX131908.
For information about the Access Gateway versions supported by StoreFront, refer to the Access Gateway and StoreFront documentation in eDocs.
For information about security certificates, refer to topics under Secure Connections and Secure Communications.
* Available only in deployments that include Access Gateway.
For information about authentication, refer to the Access Gateway documentation and the “Manage” topics in the StoreFront documentation in eDocs. For information about other authentication methods supported by Web Interface, refer to “Configuring Authentication for the Web Interface” in the Web Interface documentation in eDocs.
Upgrades are supported only for Citrix online plug-in 11.2, 12.0, and 12.1, and Receiver for Windows 3.x releases.
Availability of Receiver for Windows 3.3 features
Some of the features and functionality of Receiver are available only when connecting to newer XenApp and XenDesktop versions and might require the latest hotfixes for XenApp, XenDesktop, and Secure Gateway.
ShareFile integration with Receiver for Windows
- ShareFile integration with Receiver for Windows is available for the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit edition
- ShareFile integration with Receiver is available for the following deployment scenarios:
- CloudGateway Enterprise with StoreFrontProvides seamless integration of ShareFile functionality in Receiver.
- CloudGateway Enterprise without StoreFrontRequires Receiver users to manually add a ShareFile account in the Receiver interface to access the Receiver Docs view.
- Compatible plug-insFor a list of compatible plug-ins, refer to information about managing Receiver updates in the StoreFront documentation in Citrix eDocs.
- .NET Framework Requirements
- The .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package are required to ensure that the Receiver icon displays correctly. The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 package is included with .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1, .NET 3.5, and .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1; it is also available separately.
- For XenDesktop connections: To use the Desktop Viewer, .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 or later is required. This version is required because, if Internet access is not available, certificate revocation checks slow down connection startup times. The checks can be turned off and startup times improved with this version of the Framework but not with .NET 2.0. Use of the Citrix Desktop Lock does not require the .NET Framework to be installed.
- HDX MediaStream Multimedia AccelerationFor applications and media formats supported by HDX MediaStream Multimedia Acceleration, refer to information about optimizing audio and video playback in the XenApp documentation in Citrix eDocs.
Download Citrix Receiver 3.3 for Windows (Notice the Receiver size is 42.9Mb)
Citrix did release 3.3 and 3.4 in Enterprise versions. You should correct your info on your page. My company is using both.
Logun, I created an article 27dec 2012 about release 3.4 https://www.poppelgaard.com/citrix-receiver-3-4-for-windows