HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.1 for Microsoft Lync
Citrix have released a new version of HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.1 for Microsoft Lync
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Lync offers clear, crisp high-definition video calls in conjunction with Microsoft Lync. Users can seamlessly participate in audio-video or audio-only calls to and from other HDX RealTime users and other standards-based video desktop and conference room systems.
Citrix HDX RealTime Connector for Microsoft Lync runs in both the Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktop and in the Citrix XenApp virtual application environments
About HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.1 for Microsoft Lync
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Lync provides a highly scalable solution for delivering real-time audio-video conferencing and USB or VoIP enterprise telephony through Microsoft Lync in XenDesktop and XenApp environments. HDX RealTime Optimization Pack leverages your existing Lync infrastructure and inter-operates with other Lync endpoints running natively on devices.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Lync consists of both client and server components:
- The client component, called Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine, is integrated with the Citrix Receiver on the endpoint device and performs all signaling and media processing directly on the user device itself, offloading the server for maximum scalability, minimizing network bandwidth consumption and ensuring optimal audio-video quality.
- The server-side (and virtual desktop) component, Citrix HDX RealTime Connector for Microsoft Lync, is a connector to the Microsoft Lync client that drives the RealTime Media Engine on the endpoint. Connector runs in the virtual server environment alongside Microsoft Lync and communicates signaling information over a Citrix ICA virtual channel to the RealTime Media Engine running on the user device.
- Enterprise Voice telephony features (PBX/PSTN integration)
- Emergency Services support (E911)
- Support for buttons (HID functions) on USB phones/headsets
- Conformance to Microsoft Lync Call Admission Control specification
- SUSE Linux support (v11 SP1/SP2)
- Support for Logitech C920 webcam with built-in H.264 encoder
- TCP/IP fallback for firewall traversal through Edge Server when UDP is blocked
- Compatibility with XenDesktop Remote PC feature
- Compatibility with CloudGateway StoreFront 1.2 for automated updating of the HDX RealTime Media Engine plug-in to the Citrix Receiver for Windows
Download Optimization Pack 1.1 for Microsoft Lync here (Require MyCitrix ID)