Microsoft Hololens Commercial Edition
I have been having the Microsoft Hololens developer edition for some weeks now and I am amazed how a great product it is, when I got unbox the package I could quickly see that this was not a typical “developer” product aka “beta” product it seem finish and ready for shipping for the masses.
In the nearest future you will be able to run Published applications from Azure such as the new announced service Citrix XenApp “express” instead of the discontinued “Azure RemoteApp” – read more about this annoncement here
Below video gives you an idea how it might look like working on either a Word document or heavy GPU CAD application such as Autodesk AutoCAD from the Hololens. The applications are not installed on the Microsoft Hololens, they are running from servers securely and pixels are only streamed to the Microsoft Hololens, this is what is called remote graphics, and now possible in Augmented Reality. Powerful technology and many use cases for this new workstyle.
Today Microsoft is now shipping the Hololens Commercial edition.
The Commercial Suite includes the Development Edition, enterprise features for added security and device management, and a warranty. Transform your business with Microsoft HoloLens.
Contact your Microsoft account representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unboxing Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition
What’s in the box
- Kiosk mode. With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens. Your IT department can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft InTune. You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s need.
- Identity. Azure Active Directory and next generation credentials with PIN unlock.
- Windows Update for Business. Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
- Data security. BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access. Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business. Your IT department can also set up an enterprise private store, containing only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.