AMD Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3.1
AMD have released an important new driver for their AMD Radeon Pro GPUs in October 2018.
This release is fixing many major issues that AMD had with Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (aka XenDesktop), I am very happy to see that the engineers inside AMD worked hard and now everything is working out of the box and no “tweak” have to be done to get it working. The drivers works both with a physically machine with Radeon Pro + Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (aka XenDesktop) or with a Virtual machine where the AMD Radeon Pro GPU are attached as GPU passthrough or sliced via SR-IOV with S7150/S7150x2 with Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (aka XenDesktop). I have tested the drivers in my lab with AMD Radeon Pro WX4100 + S7150 and S7150x2 and I can confirm that AMD have fixed below, which is important. I haven’t tested with VMware Horizon yet.
The Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise is designed to deliver market-leading uptime and stability. Rigorous multi-wave testing and exhaustive ISV certifications help make this “the industry’s most stable driver”1. Radeon™ Pro Software is certified in over 100 workstation applications including Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Dassault Systèmes® CATIA®, Siemens NX™, Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Avid® Media Composer®, Autodesk® Maya®, PTC Creo® and many more
Built to help content creators make the best, every Enterprise Edition is designed to deliver more quality, performance, security, and simplicity
Lets Dig in why this is important.
Fixed Issues in 18.Q3.1
- Locked Clock Speed with AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 7100 may be seen.
- Dassault Systèmes® Solidworks® 2018 may crash at Customer Site while applying service metal fabrications.
- “19.Light.vpb” file may show issues while rendering with Autodesk® VRED.
- Application launching issues with Siemens NX™ 12.0.2 may be observed.
- Some Viewport Corruption may be seen with Blender®.
- Some issues may be observed with SPECapc™ Solidworks® 2015.
- Solid Color Outputting may be seen on display using Specific DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 Dongle.
- Dassault Systèmes® Solidworks® 2018/2017 may stop responding after rotating or changing display style on Windows® 7.
- DXGI window mode stereo in Stereo 3D may only show left eye image when enabling active/passive stereo in Radeon™ Pro Settings on Windows® 10 RS4.
- Application may stop responding while using ‘sliced geometry’ feature in Notch.
- Corruption may be seen on model with change in Anti-aliasing modes with Dassault ICEM Surf™.
- Display issues may be observed while running Nuke benchmark on AMD FirePro™ W8100 and AMD FirePro™ W9100.
- Unexpected behaviour may be observed when running Intergraph SmartPlant FreeView on AMD FirePro™ 7150 with Citrix® XenDesktop®.
- Toggling between full screen and windowed mode on Citrix® XenDesktop® may lead to temporary viewport corruption.
- On Windows® 7, a Catalyst Control Center error may be observed when resizing Citrix® XenDesktop® window.
Supported with following virtualization stacks:
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (former XenApp & XenDesktop) 7 1808 (CR)
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (former XenApp & XenDesktop) 7.18 (CR)
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (former XenApp & XenDesktop) 7.17 (CR)
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops (former XenApp & XenDesktop) 7.15 (LTSR)
- VMware Horizon View 6.x
- VMware Horizon 7.x
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3.1 is designed to support the following APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5
- OpenCL™ 2.0
- DirectX® 12.0
- Vulkan® 1.1
Supported GPU for datacenter
AMD Radeon S7150
AMD Radeon S7150x2
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 8200
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
Note drivers for S7100,S7150, S7150x2 for VMware vSphere or Citrix XenServer is not updated in this release for more info check here https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/firepro/firepro-s-series/firepro-s7150-x2
VMware howto configure Horizon with AMD