Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp 7.6 Feature Pack 2
Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp 7.6 Feature Pack 2
Citrix released Feature Pack 2 for Citrix XenDesktop & Citrix XenApp.
What’s new in Feature Pack 2 for Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 and XenApp 7.6
StoreFront includes the following new features and enhancements.
- Unified Receiver provides modern, centrally-managed and customizable user app selection experience across all user devices.
- Google Chrome Support without NPAPI.
- Delegating Authentication to XenApp and XenDesktop when there is no AD trust between sites.
- Treat All Desktops as Applications to apply Workspace Control and group icons together.
- Integrated Monitoring Service enables NetScaler to monitor StoreFront.
- Extended Store Customization SDK for business logic.
Updated StoreFront management console
Support for the unified Receiver experience — StoreFront 3.0 delivers centralized customization and branding of your end users’ applications and desktop selection experience to Receiver users. Your company can customize the interface to reflect your logo, colors, and so forth. Some of the new Receiver and StoreFront features:
- Simplified application organization — Familiar and consistent application selection experience for use.
Featured app groups. Administrator configured applications that are logically grouped and advertised to users in the applications selection experience.
Folder view of applications. Return of Web Interface functionality in StoreFront.
Favorites. Easily add or remove applications to Favorites for quick access.
- Server-managed user experience — Application selection experience is server configured.
Change once, deploy everywhere. User application selection experience changes are made by the administrator on StoreFront server.
Consistent application selection experience for user. Any device running Receiver receives its application selection experience from the server as HTML5, providing for consistency as users move across smartphones, tablets, and desktop form factors.
Decouple the application selection experience from Receiver capabilities. Client upgrade without end user training or user experience impact; Support legacy user experience without legacy client cost.
- Fit for purpose user experience customization options — You select the appropriate level of customization.
Updated out-of-the-box user experience. Modernized end user application selection look-and-feel.
Server-configured branding customizations. You brand with corporate logos, color, and featured application groups.
Deeper customization and branding options. CSS and script APIs available to enable deeper levels of customization.
Use the StoreFront management console to do the following Receiver related tasks:
Set Receiver for Web as the default for the store.
Create a Receiver for Web website.
Change website type.
Customize the website appearance.
See the Support for Receiver for Web article.
- Featured app groups management — App groups are groups of applications that are related or fit in a specific category making them more easily discoverable. With Studio and the StoreFront management console you can define app groups using keywords, application names, or categories.
See the Create and manage featured apps article.
XML service-based authentication.
You can configure StoreFront to use the XenApp and XenDesktop XML Service to authenticate the user name and password credentials where a user explicitly provides a user name and password. Use PowerShell cmdlets to enable and disable this feature. For more information, see XML service-based authentication.
Support for HDX Real-Time Optimization Pack 1.8
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack includes the following new features and enhancements.
- Support for the Microsoft Skype for Business client in Lync UI mode, the Microsoft Lync 2013 client, and the Microsoft Lync 2010 client.
- Support for the Lync Server 2013 Autodiscover Service.
- Call Park and Call Pick Up in Lync 2010 client.
- Call forwarding and simultaneous ringing controls for Lync 2010 client
- Support for Mac.
- Kerberos authentication.
- Plus (+) symbol in the dial pad.
- Support for the Microsoft Windows 10 technical preview.
For information, see HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 1.8.
Session Recording includes the following new features and enhancements.
- You can specify the connection credentials to the database when installing the Session Recording Database component.
- You can test the connectivity of database during the installation of the Session Recording Database and Session Recording Server components and test the connectivity of the Session Recording Server during the installation of Session Recording Agent component.
- Microsoft Shared Management Objects is no longer requirement for Session Recording Database installation.
- Citrix Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) is integrated in Session Recording. For more information, see About the Citrix Customer Experience Improvement Program.
For more information, see Session Recording – for XenApp 7.6 FP1 and FP2 only.
Linux Virtual Desktop
Installation guide for SUSE
Installation guide for Red Hat
Framehawk Virtual Channel
The Framehawk virtual channel optimizes the delivery of virtual desktops and applications to users on broadband wireless connections. It is ideal for mobile devices under lossy network connections. With Framehawk integrated into the industry-leading HDX technology, Citrix provides a smooth and intuitive user experience in conditions where remote workspace users previously experienced poor interactivity, such as on wireless connections with high packet loss or congestion.
For more information, see the following document.
Download Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Feature Pack 2 here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download Citrix XenApp 7.6 Feature Pack 2 here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download Citrix Storefront 3 here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download Director 7.6.300 here
Download Session Recorder here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download HDX Realtime Optimization Pack 1.8 here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download Citrix Linux Virtual Desktops here (requires MyCitrix ID)
Download HDX with Framework here
FYI – Remember to update your hot fixes to latest level for Studio, GPO, VDA, download the hot fixes here