StoreFront includes the following new features and enhancements.
- Unified Receiver provides modern, centrally-managed and customizable user app selection experience across all user devices.
- Google Chrome Support without NPAPI.
- Delegating Authentication to XenApp and XenDesktop when there is no AD trust between sites.
- Treat All Desktops as Applications to apply Workspace Control and group icons together.
- Integrated Monitoring Service enables NetScaler to monitor StoreFront.
- Extended Store Customization SDK for business logic.
Updated StoreFront management console
Support for the unified Receiver experience — StoreFront 3.0 delivers centralized customization and branding of your end users’ applications and desktop selection experience to Receiver users. Your company can customize the interface to reflect your logo, colors, and so forth. Some of the new Receiver and StoreFront features:
- Simplified application organization — Familiar and consistent application selection experience for use.
Featured app groups. Administrator configured applications that are logically grouped and advertised to users in the applications selection experience.
Folder view of applications. Return of Web Interface functionality in StoreFront.
Favorites. Easily add or remove applications to Favorites for quick access.
- Server-managed user experience — Application selection experience is server configured.
Change once, deploy everywhere. User application selection experience changes are made by the administrator on StoreFront server.
Consistent application selection experience for user. Any device running Receiver receives its application selection experience from the server as HTML5, providing for consistency as users move across smartphones, tablets, and desktop form factors.
Decouple the application selection experience from Receiver capabilities. Client upgrade without end user training or user experience impact; Support legacy user experience without legacy client cost.
- Fit for purpose user experience customization options — You select the appropriate level of customization.
Updated out-of-the-box user experience. Modernized end user application selection look-and-feel.
Server-configured branding customizations. You brand with corporate logos, color, and featured application groups.
Deeper customization and branding options. CSS and script APIs available to enable deeper levels of customization.
Use the StoreFront management console to do the following Receiver related tasks:
Set Receiver for Web as the default for the store.
Create a Receiver for Web website.
Change website type.
Customize the website appearance.
See the Support for Receiver for Web article.
- Featured app groups management — App groups are groups of applications that are related or fit in a specific category making them more easily discoverable. With Studio and the StoreFront management console you can define app groups using keywords, application names, or categories.
See the Create and manage featured apps article.
XML service-based authentication.
You can configure StoreFront to use the XenApp and XenDesktop XML Service to authenticate the user name and password credentials where a user explicitly provides a user name and password. Use PowerShell cmdlets to enable and disable this feature. For more information, see XML service-based authentication.