Citrix Worx Home
Citrix have released the final version of Worx Home, that was demonstrated on Citrix Synergy in Anaheim in May 2013.
Worx Home is the centerpiece app of the XenMobile Solution. Through Worx Home your users can:
- Access the Worx Store and install MDM and Worx-enabled apps.
- Securely access documents and files through SharePoint DLP (local and shared).
- Get live help through GoToAssist: Create a support ticket, chat, call, and email your help desk.
Your users who already have Connect apps can update them through Worx Home.
Secure documents for Mobile Device Management (MDM)
In MDM deployments, Worx Home offers the following security features:
- Access through SharePoint DLP (local and shared)
- You can block or allow any of the following document actions:
- Cut and paste documents
- Email document or document link
- Print documents
- Check in and check out documents
- Save documents to local docs
- Sync documents
- Open/view secure email attachments
- Mark up documents
Secure documents for Enterprise Mobile Solutions
With the Enterprise Mobile Solution, Worx Home offers:
- Secure document and file access through wrapped version of ShareFile
- Policy-based access that allows you to:
- Determine Open in apps
- Provide Single Sign On (SSO) access to documents
- Sign PDF documents
- Sync documents
- Encrypt documents
Worx Home is supported on devices running:
- Android 4.2 minimum
- iOS 6.x minimum
How to install
For iOS devices, you can deliver managed Worx Home to your users through Worx Enroll and XDM or from the Apple App Store.
For Android devices, your users install Worx Home from Google Play. During installation, your users can choose whether to accept MDM policies and have their devices managed, or if they can use Worx Home unmanaged in MAM-Only mode.
Cool things you and your users can do with Worx Home
After installing Worx Home, here’s what you can expect for your users.
- Tap to launch Worx Home. Your users sign onto Worx Home with their organization’s user names and passwords. If your users are not using Worx Enroll or are on Android devices, they must also provide the address (the fully qualified domain name) of your organization’s server.
- After your users have successfully authenticated using their user names and passwords, Worx Home delivers the store where your users can access their app catalog. On iOS, Worx Home delivers the store as a web clip. Depending on whether your environment is running both the XenMobile Device Manager (XDM) and Citrix App Controller, the store can connect to either XDM or App Controller to present the list of applications defined for a user group.Worx Store on iOS:
Worx Store on Android
- Tap an application in the store to select it for installation.
On managed iOS devices (that are MDM enrolled), Worx Store installs prompts whether to install the app. After confirmation, Worx Store installs the app locally on your user’s device.
On Android devices, or on non-MDM enrolled iOS devices, Worx Store installs the app without notification locally on your user’s device.
- Swipe left or right on the Worx Home screen to display Support features.
Worx Home support is powered by GoToAssist, which enables your users to send email to support, open support tickets, and initiate a chat session with a support-desk person (if one is available).
Support also shows the current status of your users devices – and if any compliance parameters have been breached. In this example you see that the device is outside a geofence that you can establish through an MDM policy. If you configure additional remediation actions on such a compliance breach, then those are triggered from the server.
- Display setup and other options by tapping the switch in the upper left corner.
You can collect additional information from the app if you turn on Advanced Logging. Advanced Logging is recommended only for early proof-of-concept test and pilots or for debugging devices when issues are being seen. In production rollout, keeping this mode turned off improve performance.
Device Info shows all the relevant configuration details and versions.
If you have established a geofence, your users can display it by clicking Company Authorized Area.
To display the status of the device as compared to the geofence perimeter, tap the red button in the upper right corner.
Download Citrix Worx Home here (Available on the AppleStore & Android Market)